Friday 26 February 2010

"Trust me, i'm lying"


Truth is a difficult issue, after all who decides the truth? God? Government? Your parents? Yourself? Better yet who decides when the truth is deserved? When do little white lies become more serious?
Honest truthful confession - in the past month i have lied to work, i have lied to my mum and i have frequently lied to myself. But hey, maybe i'm lying to you.
Lately a few things have raised my eyebrows in regard to trust, did unknown being badder actually commit incest with his sister? How much did my boyfriends new jeans actually cost? Did my manager really damage his hand whilst working out, or whilst being naughty?
The biggest question - why do i deserve the truth from any of the people in my life? I'm taking honesty as a moral given when perhaps learning the truth from people is something to be earned. If so i deserve the receipt from my boyfriend but nobody else in above list.
Secondly. is the truth always for the best? If i know my friends are misguided over men should i honestly be up front about it? If i think a friends new boyfriend is a bit of a... should i tell her right away? If i catch somebody cheating who shouldn't be should i tell all involved what i know? Would i want every person in my life to be open and honest with me at all times, do i want to know every time i look a little fatter, rougher, if i'm misguided over someone even though the truth will break my heart?
Basically, sometimes its easier to lie, sometimes the truth is worse and everytime the truth must be deserved.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/truth

No comments:

Post a Comment